1. Determine which state you want to apply. There are many factors that you have to consider when choosing where to start your NCLEX application, sometimes depending on your present circumstance. For example, if you just had your NLE results and don’t have your license yet, there are states that allow you to process your NCLEX application and take the NCLEX without your PRC license. Then there are states that require CGFNS Exam, CES, fingerprint card, etc.
2. Visit the website of your chosen state. You can visit ncsbn.org for the complete list of State Boards’ websitesthat accepts NCLEX application of foreign nurse. Or you can search it on the web.
3. Download/request NCLEX Application Forms, Instructions, Fingerprint Cards.NCLEX application processing and requirements vary from state to state. Please read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid delay in the processing of your NCLEX application. If you have questions, you can read my other posts or drop a comment to ask me.
4. Submit your completed NCLEX application(forms, documents, payments, etc.) by mailing it to your chosen state board of nursing. Processing time of your NCLEX application varies from state to state; some states would approve it as early as 2 months while others would make you eligible in 6-8 months. So it would help if you constantly follow up your status through email (or website, if any) provided by the state.
5. If you are eligible, register with Pearsonvue for NCLEX-RN Testing. There are different modes of registering, but doing it online thru pearsonvue website is the fastest(you can check my post about Pearsonvue registration). After registration you will receive 2 emails, the first confirming your registration and payment of $200, and the second, your Authorization to Test(ATT).
6. Schedule your NCLEX exam. If you prefer to take the test in Makati, Philippines, you can schedule your NCLEX exam by calling Pearsonvue hotline (Asia-Pacific, +60383189964 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +60383189964 end_of_the_skype_highlighting). Have your ATT ready, they’re asking you Candidate Identification number and ATT number. You also have to pay $150 for International Testing Fee thru Credit Card(VISA, MasterCard, American Express, JCB). Confirmation email will be automatically sent to you after scheduling.
7. Take the Test. Bring your ATT and Passport, plus other valid IDs. Of course, make sure you’re ready before taking the NCLEX.
See, NCLEX application is easy! If you have questions about NCLEX application on different states, just post it on comments